Customer Service Team Member / Climbing Instructors (Casual)
Applications for this position are now open!
We are currently seeking new Casual Customer Service Team Members that are enthusiastic, dynamic, mature minded team players to join our awesome team. Ongoing employment opportunities will be available for those that demonstrate the right positive work attitude, commitment to the venue and service excellence throughout the employment period.
Applications for these positions are now open!Apply NowOther Vacancies
About our venue
Activate by Hardrock is an indoor climbing and activity centre, located in Heatherton. Our activities include a selection of over 30 fun and engaging climbs, the Leap of Faith and Vertical drop Slide and 85+ meters of ultra-realistic caving tunnels.
We are dedicated to developing a strong team culture and a supportive working environment. We offer competitive pay, flexible working hours and on-going training opportunities.
About the Role
As a Customer Service Team Member, your responsibilities will include greeting new customers, facilitating safety instructions, supervising patrons and the coordination of centre operations within your rostered area.
Our Customer Service Team Members are experts at keeping our venues atmosphere fun, family friendly, safe and a positive customer experience at all times.
As a customer service team member you will be required to:
• Provide excellent customer service within the venue at all times
• Deliver safety instructions to new and/or repeating customers
• Carry out regular cleaning duties within the venue
• Provide Safety supervision and be able to deal with emergencies whilst working in the activity arena
• Be a COVIDSafe Marshal and ensure our COVIDSafe plan is carried out effectively
• Host children’s birthday parties and turn over the party rooms before/after
If working in the Cafe/Kitchen
• Demonstrate excellent food safety standards at all times
• Take and prepare customer food and drink orders
If working at the Reception Desk
• Demonstrate an in depth understanding of our services and booking systems
• Have the highest standards of customer service
• Take payments for bookings and venue services
• Create and modify customer bookings as and when required
• Deal with and/or escalate customer service queries and complaints
Who you are
The right candidate for our customer service team member roles will have:
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Strong focus, initiative and attention to detail
• A safety-first mindset with a sound awareness of safety standards
• A vibrant, engaging and energetic attitude with an ability to have fun
• A passion for working with both children and adults
• Good administration and organisation skills, with an ability to present themselves professionally
The right candidate must also:
• Be aged 18 or older
• Be available for an immediate start
• Be flexible and available to work a variety of shifts including weekends, weekdays (daytime and evening shifts), school holidays and peak periods
• Be fully vaccinated against covid-19, in line with current Victorian government directions
• Obtain a working with children check
• Obtain and maintain a Level 2 First Aid Certification
• Highly Desirable – Café staff who ideally have previous Barista and/or food handling experience
Whats on offer
The successful candidate will be joining an energetic and motivated team, committed to delivering exceptional customer service. The right candidate will have the ability to grow and develop within our organisation. This role is a casual position and competitive remuneration will be offered consistent with your previous experience and in line with Award requirements.
How to apply
To apply, please submit an Application Form along with your Cover Letter and Resume using the Apply Now link below